I made this last night. I wanted a quick & healthy dinner. Yum!
For 2 persons, with seconds
250 gr. farfalle
1 large red sweet onion, peeled & sliced in wedges or in rings
3 cloves of fresh young garlic, peeled & finely diced
2 tablespoons of good aged balsamic vinegar
Maldon sea salt
1 red sweet pepper, washed, dried with kitchen paper, cut open & the white pits & white flesh removed, cut in little chunks
1 orange sweet pepper, washed, dried with kitchen paper, cut open & white flesh & white pits removed
200 gr. smoked bacon, cut up in little chunks
1/2 tablespoon of dried Provençal herbs
Soy baking margarine or butter or Olive oil to use to bake the vegetables & bacon in
Sliced Parmesan shavings
1. Fill a large pot with hot water. Turn the heat on high. Put the lid on. When the water is boiling, place the pasta in the hot water. Pour a little bit of oil in the hot water & put a wooden spoon in to the hot water. Stir. Cook according to the packet instructions.
2. On another heat, place a large non stick pan. Heat up to high. When the pan is hot, put some baking margarine in it. Place the chopped garlic & the slices of red onion in it. Stir from time to time.
3. On another heat, place a pan & heat up. When the pan is hot, put some baking margarine in it. Do the chunks of bacon in the pan & bake until done. Stir now & then. When they are ready, turn the heat of. Pour the bacon on a plate covered with 2 sheets of kitchen paper. So you will drain of the fat. When they are less fat, put them in a large pot with a lid on it & keep warm.
4. When the onions & garlic are nearly ready, that is after 5 to 8 minutes of baking, turn the heat a bit down. Add the 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar. Stir. The onion rings will caramelise & will have a wonderful flavour! Put some black pepper in it according to your taste. I always put in some Black pepper to add flavour! When the onion rings are ready, put them together with the bacon pieces. Put the lid on & keep warm.
5. When the pasta is cooked according to the packet instructions or when they are ” al dente”, turn the heat of & drain the pasta. Keep a little bit of the pasta water. Pour the pasta & a little bit of the reserved cooking water in the pot with the rest. Put the lid on & keep warm.
6. In the pan , where you baked the onion & garlic in , put it on the heat & heat up to high.
Put a bit of the baking margarine in the hot pan. When hot, place the chunks of peppers in the pan & stir. After a few minutes, add the 1/2 tablespoon of dried Provençal herbs to it.
Stirr. It will take about 10 minutes until cooked trough, depending on the size of the cut up chunks. I add a bit of Black pepper & a little bit of sea salt to the vegetables. You do it according to your taste!
7. When they are done, turn the heat of. Add this to the rest in the pot. Mix.
8. Put it in to a serving bowl & add some sliced Parmesan shavings on top!
Enjoy!♥ Stay Tuned & subscribe by email! Join 1,800 email subscribers now!!! It is free!!!! Click the link here below to subscribe!!!
Follow me on Facebook too! Volg mij ook op Facebook! 🙂