I wanted to make dinner with leeks. I love leeks. I had some ginger in the fridge & thought it would be lovely to go with the leeks. I used Dry Fino sherry.
Recipe, for 2 with seconds
700 gr. leeks, white & green parts, washed & cut in to little pieces
5 cm. fresh ginger, peeled & finely sliced
Maldon sea salt
3 tablespoons of Dry Fino sherry
baking margarine or butter, to taste
I had some boiled potatoes with this & i baked some chicken fillets.
Chicken fillets: I used 290 gr. for the two of us: cleaned & cut in to pieces.
This goes very well with the chicken.
1. Take a large cooking pot & fill it with water. Bring to boil. Place the potatoes in it. Cook until tender. For me, that was 20 minutes.
2. In another large pot, put the baking margarine & heat up to medium. When the margarine is bubbling, put the ginger pieces in it. Stirr & bake for about 4 minutes. Add the cut up leeks to it & stirr wel. I allways, add a little bit of water so that the leeks don’t stick to the pot. Put a lid on the pot. After 5 to 8 minutes, add the 3 tablespoons of sherry to the leeks & ginger. Stirr wel. Let the sherry evaporate. Grind some Black pepper & some Sea salt to taste. It has to taste lovely!
3.At the same time, take a large pan & heat up. Put some baking margarine in it. When the heat is oke, place the chicken pieces in it & bake for about 5 minutes each side until tender. I put some chicken spices on top.( kippenkruiden ) like we call it in Dutch.
4. When the potatoes are tender, turn the heat of. Drain. Set aside & keep warm.
5. When the chicken is tender, turn the heat of & set aside & keep warm.
6. Taste the leeks. They have to be tender.
7. Take your serving plate & enjoy!
♥ Stay Tuned & subscribe by email! Join 1,800 email subscribers now!!! It is free!!!! Click the link here below to subscribe!!!
Follow me on Facebook too! / Volg mij ook op Facebook!
Sophies Foodie Files