I love-making these! They are full of flavor & so easy to make. I have a cookie cutter collection for about 120 cookie cutters. When I was on holiday in Salisbury a few years ago, I bought a box with 101 cookie cutters. Every time , I make cookies, I use them. In Belgium, we can only find the simple cookie cutters. These appetizers are lovely with Cava , like Codorníu Brut Raventos reserva & also with Codorníu Pinot Noir Brut.
Home made cheese cookieson 26/11/2008
This is for about 15 small-sized appetizers. Usually, I double the recipe because they are so yummy!!
100 gr. Cheddar cheese, grated. I grate it in my food processor. You can use another hard cheese to your taste!
25 gr. soft butter
20 gr. self – raising flour
1. Take your Kenwood or Kitchen Aid & put the food processor on it.
2. Place all the ingredients in to the food processor & blitz until everything comes together.
Have a little patience!
3. Take the dough & roll in to a ball. Wrap in cling film & put in the fridge for 30 minutes.
4. When the dough is in the fridge for the last 10 minutes, reheat the oven to 200 ° Celsius.
5. Take the dough out of the fridge & roll out on a flowered surface to a thickness of 3 mm.
6. take your cookie cutters & cut cookies out & place them on a silpat or on baking paper on an oven plate. Roll until the dough is all used up.
7. Bake the cookies until golden on top. This will take about 12 minutes.
8. When the cookies are done, turn the heat of & take them out of the oven.
9. Place the cookies on a wire rack to cool down & to crisp up.
10. When they are cool, place them in to a cookie box to store.
But I promise you, you will love them & they will be all gone!!