I needed a comforting soup today. Why? because it was snowing outside, oh yes, indeed! Snowing in Brussels! It was also cold. I was looking what I had in the fridge.
So, from the leftovers I made this soup.
For about 8 persons
1 large fennel bulb, cleaned & the hard rough bit at the bottom, cut out
1 large white onion, peeled & finely sliced
900 gr. Jerusalem artichokes, weight with skin on, peeled, cut in chunks & put in acid water
1 potato, peeled, washed & cut in chunks
1 litre of gluten-free vegetable stock
1. Take a large cooking pot or a fast cooking pot. Heat up to a high heat.
2.When the pot is hot, put 2 or 3 tablespoons of Olive oil in the hot-pot.
3. Add the sliced onion. Stir well. Fry for about a few minutes until nearly golden.
4. Add the sliced fennel to the pot. Stir well with the onion. Fry for about 10 minutes until slightly browned.
5. After 10 minutes, add the Jerusalem artichokes & the stock.
6. I use my fast cooking pot, so I put the special lid on. In that pot, it takes 10 minutes & the soup will be ready.
7. I never make my soups the other way.
8. But if you do not have a fast cooking pot, cook the soup until all the vegetables are tender.
9. Put the soup in the blender to make it smooth.
10. This soup tastes delicious & is a reasonable thick soup.
I eat it with some crusty bread on the side!
You might like:
If you liked this post, SUBSCRIBE to Sophie’s Foodie Files: It is free! RSS – Posts