Recipe: For 2 persons
* For the oven roasted veggies:
4 medium fresh beetroot, peeled & top & bottom cut away with plastic gloves on to prevent stains everywhere, each beetroot cut into smaller wedges
1 medium white onion, peeled & cut up into smaller wedges
6 bigger carrots, peeled & each one cut up into smaller strips
2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar ( 30 ml )
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar ( 30 ml )
a few drizzles of a fruity extra virgin olive oil
8 grins of black pepper
some pinches of Maldon sea salt
* For the cooked peppered buckwheat groats:
1/2 cup ( 100 gr ) rinsed buckwheat groats
twice the same amount of water to cook the groats in
some grins of black pepper, to taste
* For the fried organic pork sausages:
250 gr of organic gluten-free & dairy-free pork sausages ( You can make this meal completely vegan if you use vegan sausages!!! )
a fruity evoo to fry them in
1. reheat your oven to 200°C ( 400 F ) for 10 minutes. In a large non-stick roasting tin, place your beetroot, carrot strips & white onions wedges, in 1 layer all in it. Scatter your black pepper, sea salt over your veggies. Pour your raspberry vinegar & balsamic vinegar all over your veggies & with plastic gloves on mingle everything together. Place in your hot oven & roast for about 25-30 minutes until your veggies are cooked through. Turn your veggies over after 15 minutes or so, to prevent burning & for an equal roast!
2. Cook your buckwheat groats according to your packet instructions. I added some grins of black pepper to my buckwheat. Cook until the water is absorbed & until the buckwheat groats have opened & are cooked through. This took me about 15 minutes. Keep warm.
3. While you cook your buckwheat fry your organic sausages into some hot fruity evoo until cooked through & browned on all sides. Serve at once & enjoy your meal with a loved one! :) MMM!
Stay Tuned! If you liked this post & want more of them, join 1,107 email followers! Subscribe by email! It is free!
Follow me on Facebook too! :)