Recipe: for 2 persons
* For the baked purple sweet potatoes:
cooked purple sweet potatoes, 1 or 2 days old & cold
a fruity evoo
Maldon sea salt
* For the chili-garlic savoy cabbage:
1/2 savoy cabbage, well-washed, spun dry, big stems removed, each leaf cut up into smaller strips
1/4 long red chili pepper, seeds removed, cut up finely
3 fat cloves of garlic, peeled & finely cut up
a fruity evoo
some Maldon sea salt
* For the cumin-chili roasted white carrots-onion-garlics:
4 fat large white carrots, peeled & cut up into smaller strips
1 white onion, peeled & cut up into smaller wedges
1 teaspoon of ground cumin
1/2 long red chili pepper, seeds removed, cut up finely
15 grins of black pepper
a fruity evoo
2 fat cloves of garlic, unpeeled!
* For the rest:
2 organic pork chops, no bone
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C ( 400 F ) for 10 minutes. In a large non-stick roasting tin, place all white carrot pieces in 1 layer in it, snug each onion wedge between it all & also the cloves of garlic. Scatter 1 teaspoon of cumin & 15 grins of black pepper all over it. Add some sea salt, but not too much. Scatter your finely cut up red chili pepper pieces all over it. Drizzle that fruity evoo all over it, in all directions. With clean hands, mingle everything together. Place into hot oven & roast until ready, about 25-30 minutes. After half of the roasting time, turn your veggies over for an equal bake & to prevent burning!
2. Take a non-stick pan & heat up on medium-high. Pour drizzles of evoo in it & heat up. When hot, add 2 pork chops & fry on each side until browned & cooked through. I seasoned with some sea salt & black pepper. Fry until rosé ( pink ) on the inside, NOT RAW! Lower the heat, if you need to. Keep warm.
3. At the same time, take a larger cooking pot & heat up on medium. When hot, drizzle that fruity evoo in it. Add chili & garlic pieces, for 1-2 minutes & add savoy cabbage pieces. Pour some hot water in it & place fitted lid on, to steam the cabbage. This will take a few minutes. When done, check the cabbage. Mine wasn’t al dente, so I added it all to my hot pan, with my meat. I turned the heat up a bit & the cabbage took a bit the taste of the meat & juices. Finally, I added some sea slat & black pepper to the lot,…very yum yum!
4. When the cabbage is steaming, heat a on-stick pan on medium heat. Add some oil & heat up. When hot, add purple sweet potato pieces & fry until browned & yummy looking! Now, plate it all up & enjoy with a loved one! All of the flavors go so well together! :) MMM!
Stay Tuned! If you liked this post & want more of them, join 954 email followers! Subscribe by email! It is free!
Follow me on Facebook too! :)
Sophies Foodie Files