I just love easy pasta dishes like this ! A lovely midweek dinner! This is an easy pasta, full of lovely combined flavours! It takes 15 minutes to make & it is reasonably healthy too!;)
Recipe: For 2 persons, with seconds!
125 gr sliced spicy chorizo
green olive tapenade/ I bought mine in my local Spanish supermarket
250 gr to 300 gr cherry tomatoes, each cut into 2
2 to 3 teaspoons of the best Balsamic vinegar you have got
100 gr of young fresh salad leaves, including rocket leaves
A few grins of finely milled black pepper
A fruity olive oil
1. Take a large cooking pot & fill with hot water. Bring to the boil. When boiling, add penne & cook until al dente. Drain. Keep warm.
2. While the pasta is cooking, heat a large non-stick pan on a medium high heat. When the pan is really hot, add a drop or 2 of the olive oil to the hot pan. Swirl the oil around. Heat up.
3. Now, add cut up chorizo slices in 1 layer to the pan. Fry until crisp! Adapt the heat if necessary! Take them out of the pan & drain them on double kitchen paper.
4. Now, add tomatoes & balsamic vinegar. Stir well. Cook for 2 minute or 3 until the tomatoes start to break down. Also add some grins of black pepper! Turn the heat off.
5. When the pasta is ready, add 2 to 3 tablespoons green olive tapenade to the pot. Stir. Now, add fried chorizo & fried tomatoes to the pot. Stir well to combine. Taste. I added 6 grins of black pepper to the pot. Taste again. It has to taste fab!! Because the tapenade is already salty!
6. Finally, add the young salad leaves. Serve immediately!
Enjoy!!! MMMMMMM……..I assure you that you want more,…….!!!
If you liked this post, SUBSCRIBE to Sophie’s Foodie Files: It is free! RSS – Posts