Yesterday, I made this divine seasonal soup! It is like a more filling Autumnal soup, perfect to enjoy on a colder november day! Enjoy it!!! It is great on its own, topped with fried smoked bacon pieces.
Recipe: For 8 persons, 1 big bowl
1 can of red kidney beans, well rinsed & drained well
1 can of white butter beans, well rinsed & drained well
3 fat cloves of garlic, peeled & cut finely
3 medium white onions, peeled & cut finely
1 medium potato, peeled & cut into little chunks
4 sprigs of fresh Rosemary,sprigs removed, only the green needles, cleaned, well rinsed, pad dry on kitchen paper & cut into little pieces
Maldon sea salt
Grinned black pepper
Smoked paprika powder, the dulce version: 3 teaspoons + 1 teaspoon if needed
1.5 liter of a good gluten-free vegetable stock
unrefined coconut oil
100 gr of gluten-free smoked bacon pieces ( For 2 bowls of soup )
1. Take a large steam cooker with fitting lid. Heat up on medium high. Add a few knobs of coconut oil & let it melt. When hot & sizzling, add the garlic & onion pieces. Fry until nearly golden brown. Now, add the smoked paprika, 3 teaspoons of it & fry 1 or 2 minutes further. Add your potato pieces, the red & the white beans too. Stir everything round in your pot. Adjust the heat if you need to.
2. Add your celeriac pieces & your vegetable stock too. Stir everything round & let it come to the boil. Add some seasoning. ( P & S)
3. Then, place the fitting lid on. Let it sit on the fire until the nozzle, the valve, whistles continuously for about 5 minutes.
4. Remove the pot from the heat & be careful, with the help of a long wooden spoon, open the valve to let the steam go free. When there is no steam left, remove the fitting lid. Taste the soup. It has to taste fab & soothing. You must taste the celeriac, the beans & the smoked paprika. If not, add some extra seasoning & another teaspoon of this smoked paprika. Stir.
5. Mix the soup until you still have red bean flakes floating in your soup. That looks quite nice!
6. This is a thicker tasty soup. Now, just before serving, fry the smoked bacon pieces in some coconut oil. Drain the fat with kitchen paper & serve instantly. Divide over 2 bowls.
Enjoy! If you eat this tasty soup, on day 2, you must add some more hot stock to this soup, otherwise the soup,is way too thick! This soup also freezes well! 😉 Yum Yum Yum!