Yesterday evening, I invented these tasty Vegan Thai fish cakes! Oooh,…yeah! I spiced them up & they looked on the outside & inside just like home-made Thai fish cakes,…I served them on a bed of mixed wokked veggies! Enjoy!
I made my tofu-coconut spiced cakes in my beloved food processor! They were all divine! When you devour 2 of them, they really fill you up,…We will be enjoying the rest of them later, with a lovely Asian salad! MMM,…!
Recipe: For 3 persons
* For the Vegan Thai fish cakes: ( 8 smaller patties )
100 gr unsweetened coconut flakes
200 gr firm tofu, well-drained
50 gr of home-made oat flour / I grind full oat flakes in my dry container of my Vitamix, until you become a fine flour. I only had to use my Vitamix for 20 seconds on full power!, use 50 gr/
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 tablespoon roasted sesame oil
1 fresh red-hot chili pepper, cut into smaller rings, seeds kept!
3 spring onions, cleaned, white & green part kept, cut up roughly
Maldon sea salt
light superior soy sauce: 1 tablespoon
2 teaspoons ground flax
3 tablespoons uncooked mixed wok veggie-mix( my mix had chopped leeks, bell peppers, red onion & soy sprouts in them )
2 teaspoons corn flour
a fruity to fry your patties in
* For the wokked veggies & noodles:
1 packet of 340 gr of your favourite noodles, I used Taishan noodles
480 gr mixed uncooked wok veggies
1 young green courgette, cleaned, cut up into finer strips
roasted sesame oil
light superior soy sauce
1. First, make your Vegan Thai fish cakes. Take your food processor & add all your ingredients in it. Blitz on medium to full power until it is all beautifully combined. Taste! It has to taste lovely & spiced up. O-If not, add some more seasoning & some more roasted sesame oil or/and more soy sauce. With clean hands, make about 8 smaller patties out of them & place them well-spaced apart on 2 clean plates. Place cling film over them & put them in the fridge for at least 1 hour to stiff up a bit.
2. When you are preparing for your dinner, cook your noodles according to your packet instructions. Drain well. Keep warm. Take your wok, I have an electric one, non-stick, & smear in with some fruity evoo. Heat up on medium-high & add courgettes strips. Add a few drizzles of roasted sesame oil & wok for about 1 to 2 minutes until nearly al dente. Add other wok veggies & add a few more drizzles of the sesame oil & some of your soy sauce too. Wok & stir-fry. When nearly ready, taste. The veggies must taste yummy & cooked through. Now, add your lovely cooked noodles to the wok & stir everything well-round. Reheat your noodles in the wok veggie mix for 1 minute or so, with the lid on.
3. In the meantime, take a medium non-stick pan & pour a lot of that fruity evoo i it. Pour a good layer so that your patties will be well-fried into that hot oil. Place 4 of them, spaced apart, in your hot oil. Fry until browned & cooked through on 1 side & carefully flip them over. Fry the other side for 1 to 2 minutes until browned & fried & ready! I placed them on a plate with double layers of kitchen paper to dip of the excess fat. Serve instantly with a loved one. Place your mixed wokked veggies in a clean bowl & top each bowl with at leat 2 vegan Thai fish cakes! Enjoy!! MMM!
If you loved this post, subscribe to Sophie’s Foodie Files: it is for free RSS – Posts