Yesterday evening, I made this tasty & easy to make: spiced chickpeas, spiced chicken gyros on a bed of crunchy salad! I already made this yummy dinner at least 6 times in this hot Summer & every time, we had guests over, they loved it so much & asked for the recipe. Finally, I just had to share it with you all,…So just look at it: don’t you want to dig in?
Recipe: for 2 persons, with a lot of hunger
3 little Gem Lettuce, bottoms cut off, cleaned & leaves ripped off, just like on the picture
* For the spiced chickpea-veggie mix:
1 can of chickpeas, rinsed & well-drained, rubbed dry on clean kitchen towel, the tougher outserskins removed, when they come off
Maldon sea salt
Chicken & steak spices, I have my in a little container with mill inside, I use Santa Maria, bought in the Delhaize . My spice mix had a combo of this in it: sea salt, onion, paprika, black & white pepper, tomato, garlic, coriander, mustard seed & Curcuma ( turmeric )
5 fat spring onions, cleaned, white & green parts kept, cut into rings
* For the marinated spiced organic chicken gyros:
300 gr organic marinated chicken gyros/ Bioplanet= dairy-free & Gluten-free! / You can use Vegan gyros to make it completely vegan!
a fruity evoo
1 large sweet red pointed paprika ( bell pepper ), seeds & white bits removed, cut into smaller strips
1/2 yellow paprika ( bell pepper ), seeds & white bits removed, cut into smaller strips
Chicken & steak spices, see picture below!, I have my in a little container with integrated mill inside, I use Santa Maria, bought in the Delhaize . My spice mix had a combo of this in it: sea salt, onion, paprika, black & white pepper, tomato, garlic, coriander, mustard seed & Curcuma ( turmeric )
1. Take 2 normal white clean plates, place onto each plate, 10 little Gem lettuce leaves, in a round form, pointed to the outside, in the center of each you place the rest of the salad leaves, torn up, like you see in the picture, below here!
2. Take 2 larger non-stick pans & heat up on medium-high. In one, you drizzle a fruity evoo & heat it up. You add spring onion rings, red pointed paprika & yellow bell pepper strips. You add a lot of that chicken & steak seasoning, a bit of sea salt & at least 10 grins of black pepper. You fry this all, until al dente & you stir often. You check the seasoning. I added some chicken & steak seasoning extra. It all must taste a bit spiced up, not bland!!! In the other hot pan, you also drizzle some of that same evoo & heat up. Now, add chickpeas & add instantly a lot of that Chicken & steak seasoning. I also added some sea salt, but NO black pepper!! Fry until browned, fried & heated on all sides, like see picture here:
3. When the pan with spring onions & 2 coloured pepper strips are ready, put them in a fitting pot with lid to keep warm. In that same hot pan, fry your chicken gyros in hot olive oil with the same Chicken & steak seasoning until fried, browned on all sides. I only added a pinch of sea salt here because of the marinade. When they were done, I checked the seasoning. I added a bit more chicken & steak seasoning. Keep warm. Finally, plate up. Place the veggies mix in the middle of each plate. Put your chickpeas all around that, onto & in the crunchy salad leaves. Pile & divide your chicken gyros in the middle, horizontally over your plate, like the 2 most above pics! Enjoy instantly with a loved one! You even can eat it, with your hands, because the filling will fill up your crunchy boat-leaves! This tasty & easy to prepare dinner was ready in no time! Enjoy, my lovely ones! xxx
If you liked this post, SUBSCRIBE to Sophie’s Foodie Files: It is free! RSS – Posts