Yesterday, my husband made this stunning & tasty pasta dinner. It was a vegetarian meal but a really excellent one! I gave this dinner 10/10! Ooh yes!
Recipe: For 4 persons, each one 1 big pasta bowl
900 gr of young courgettes ( zucchini ), top & end cut off, cut into equal sized smaller chunks, each about 2 cm x 2 / I know this is a lot, but you do need this much! :)
2 long thick red-hot chili peppers, left whole
200 gr of a good quality fresh sheep’s ricotta
dried rigatoni pasta, about 400 gr
4 or 6 garlic cloves, with skin on
2 tablespoons of a good sherry vinegar
fresh basil leaves, torn: about 10 big leaves
To serve: 5 fresh basil leaves, torn
1. Preheat your oven to 200° C ( 400 F ) for about 10 minutes. I always use a fan oven. Adjust your oven to the right temperature.
2. Prepare your vegetables that will go in the oven to roast. Take a large non-stick oven dish & place all of your cut up courgettes in 1 layer in it. Tuck the garlic pieces near the courgettes. On top of that place the 2 big & large red-hot chili peppers. Drizzle with a few tablespoons of a fruity evoo all over it & add cracks of black pepper & sea salt flakes. With clean hands, mingle everything together. Drizzle that oil & scatter some pepper & sea salt flakes also over the chili peppers. Place in the center of the heated oven & roast for about 20 to 35 minutes.
3. In the meantime, cook your rigatoni according to your packet instructions. Drain your pasta & keep warm.
4. After roasting, take out of the oven & take the garlic out of their skins, mash it. Add this & the courgettes pieces to the hot pasta. Add the fresh sheep’s ricotta & mix well. Now, with a knife, slice the bursted chili peppers open & discard the pits. Slice into smaller pieces. Mix this through the hot pasta mix. Add the sherry vinegar too. Mix well. Taste! It has to taste fab. Adjust the seasoning if you need to. Just before serving, place the pasta & ricotta mix on your pasta plate & serve with some scattered basil on top. The basil enhances the flavour of the roasted courgettes a lot! :)
Stay Tuned! If you liked this post & want more of them, join 1,110 email followers! Subscribe by email! It is free!
Follow me on Facebook too! :)
Sophies Foodie Files
You might like:
I want to wish my friends, fellow bloggers & all of their family members a happy easter with lots of joy, happiness & of course, good food! :) Happy Eating! :)
Now, I want to give you a few ideas & recipes from my blog to celebrate an alternative Easter with your family. Just click onto the links & not the pictures!
A few tasty appetizers:
1. Scottish Oak Smoked salmon, wasabi & fresh dill appetizers ( filed under Christmas menu)
A few main fish dishes:
A vegan main dish:
Two vegetarian main dishes:
A few tasty desserts:
Vegan tasty desserts:
Enjoy these alternative recipes & dishes, my friends! :)