Yesterday, I made this tasty dish. I roasted several vegetables that I had in my fridge & looked in my pantry for some tasty spices who I joined together in a bowl with some fruity EVOO. I whisked everything together & poured it all over the veggies. After 20 minutes the vegetables were ready to be devoured. I served them with Gluten-Free brown rice macaroni. I also served the dish with vegan bought seitan croquettes. I didn’t took a picture of the vegan sausages. The dish looks tasty & appetizing, hey? So, here is the recipe!
Recipe: For 2 persons, with a bit of seconds
** For the vegetables:
1 large fennel, hard part & tubes cut out, cleaned, cut into smaller strips, not too thin.
1 medium red onion, peeled & cut into wedges
1 large white onion, peeled & cut into wedges
1 mini pumpkin, this is a really small round pumpkin, has a lovely taste, peeled, interior & seeds removed, cut into smaller chunks
1/2 butternut squash, peeled, interior removed & cut into smaller chunks
** For the spiced oven mix:
4 tablespoons of a fruity Extra Virgin Olive Oil ( EVOO )
1/2 teaspoon of a good mild curry powder/ I use Sharwood’s
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
2/4 teaspoons garam masala
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
7 grinds of black pepper
9 grinds of sea salt
To serve: about 350 gr cooked GF brown rice macaroni & 2 vegan seitan croquettes, baked
1. Preheat your oven to 230 °C ( 450 F ) for about 10 minutes. I always use a fan oven. Adjust your oven temperature according to your oven.
2. Take a large non-stick oven roasting dish & place all of your vegetables, in 1 layer in it. Take an extra oven dish if your dish isn’t large enough.
3. Take a medium bowl & add the spices. Whisk well with a little whisk. Taste! It has to taste fabulously! :)
4. Pour the spice mix evenly all over the cut up veggies. Now, with clean hands, mingle everything together so that the veggies all are covered with the spice mix. Place in the preheated oven & roast for about 20 to 25 minutes. After 10 minutes, I turned all the vegetables over to prevent burning on one side. Watch your oven dish well. You don’t want to burn the lot. Lower the temperature if you need to but it will take a bit longer to roast. My vegetables took about 22 minutes. When ready, turn the heat off but leave in the oven to keep warm.
5. Take your pasta plates, & plate up. Pile the cooked pasta on your plate & add the roasted veggies. Add a vegan seitan croquette & serve instantly! A tasty & easy home-made meal! ;)
This is so tasty with everything mixed into your plate! Oh yes! Not too spicy but well-fragrant!
If you liked this post, SUBSCRIBE to Sophie’s Foodie Files: It is free! RSS – Posts
You might like: