I so love-making these lovely wholemeal spelt flour chocolate & ricotta muffins. I added dark chocolate chips. These muffins are so good as breakfast & they are not too sweet! I like them that way! It is breakfast after all! These really fill me up!
Wholemal spelt chocolate ricotta muffins with dark chocolate chipson 06/01/2011
Recipe: For 16 larger flower muffins
** The wet ingredients:
235 gr fresh sheep’s ricotta, well-drained
2 large organic eggs, beaten loose
320 ml of semi – skimmed milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract ( I use home-made )
57 gr of melted baking margarine, cooled
** The dry ingredients:
130 gr organic wholemeal spelt flour
130 gr white organic flour
200 gr of dark, raw cane sugar
3 level teaspoons of baking powder
60 gr of Dutch unsweetened cacao powder
170 gr of dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 177°C ( 350 F ) for 10 minutes.
2. In a large bowl, add the ricotta & whisk it loose. Now, add the beaten eggs & whisk them well into the ricotta. Add the milk, vanilla extract & the cooled melted baking margarine & whisk it all in. Set aside.
3. In another large bowl, add the 2 flours. Mix them well. Add the baking powder & the sugar & mix well. Now, add the cacao powder but sieve it above the bowl. Mix well but keep the air in!
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Don’t overmix!
Finally, add the dark chocolate chips & fold them into the batter, evenly divided.
5. Take an oven rack & place a Silpat or baking sheet on it. I take 2 larger silicon flower mats.
I don’t have to grease them because they are silicon ones. They have a flower pattern on the bottom. Fill the muffin forms with 3/4 of the batter.
Fill the remaining holes & place into the preheated oven in the bottom of your oven. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until a pin is inserted into the middle of the muffins to check if they are done. I tested after 20 minutes with a pin & they weren’t ready so I added 5 minutes more.
6. When ready, well risen & baked through, carefully lift the baking tray out of the oven with the help of oven gloves & place onto cooling racks. Leave the muffins for about 5 to 10 minutes into the flower moulds so that they won’t stick & can cool off a bit. That way, the muffins will shine lovely & get that beautiful flower pattern on the bottom. After 10 minutes, carefully turn them over & place on wire racks to cool down completely!
7. When completely cool, store in a cookie box.
If you liked this post, SUBSCRIBE to Sophie’s Foodie Files: It is free! RSS – Posts
You might like: