1. Preheat your oven for 10 minutes on 180°C ( 350 F ). I used a fan oven. Adjust the oven temperature if necessary.
2. Take your Kenwood bowl and place the K-paddle. Add the mashed bananas, beaten eggs, coconut sugar, almond butter, cinnamon and vanilla. Mix on medium speed for a few minutes until it all comes together. Scrape the sides of your bowl with a plastic scraper. Remix for a minute or until all well mixed.
3. Now, add baking soda, apple cider vinegar and dark chocolate chips. Mix on medium speed for a minute or so or until it all comes together. Again, scrape the sides of the bowl with a plastic scraper. Mix until it all is beautifully combined.
4. Place your silicon flower baking tin on a silpat and then on an oven rack for stability. Fill the silicon flower for 3/4 with the batter and try to divide the chocolate chips all over the cake batter. So, that later on you will have chocolate chips all divide over the cake. Place in the bottom of your oven and bake for about 35 to 40 minutes on 180°C ( 350 F ). You will have to watch the cake because the edges can go darker, if necessary lower the temperature but I didn’t have to! I tested my cake after 35 minutes with a test pin. You will have to test the pin right in the middle of your cake. If the pin comes out clean, your cake is ready. I put my cake back into the oven for 5 minutes extra and did the pin test again. After 40 minutes of baking, my cake was well risen, ready and golden brown.
5. Carefully with hand gloves on, remove the oven rack with the cake from the oven. Leave to rest in the silicon tin for about 15 minutes so that it is easier to remove afterwords. This will also give a lovely shine to the flower cake. After 15 minutes, carefully turn the cake over with the help of your 2 hands, out of the flower tin. Now, you will see the lovely flower pattern. Place on a wire rack to cool down completely. When cold, savour with a good cup of green tea with ginger or a great cup of black coffee.
6. When completely cold, store in an aluminium foil lined round cake tin.
You will see, this cake will not last long,…!!!!!