These are lovely with pasta, with a big green salad & some crusty bread but I served them with boiled potatoes & baked turkey pieces. These are also great as special appetizers!
Recipe: For 12 larger filled mushrooms so for 4 persons ( 3 per person is enough! )
12 larger white mushrooms, stalks removed ( but kept to put aside for later use & use for an omelette or so,…)
250 gr of fresh sheep’s ricotta
180 gr of fresh spinach, well cleaned, rough stalks removed, washed & depted dry, cut finely
1 big clove of fresh garlic, peeled & finely cut up
1 medium white onion, peeled & finely diced
1 or 2 teaspoons of green pesto
a little piece of fresh Parmesan
a fruity EVOO
some Maldon sea salt flakes
1. Heat a pan on a medium heat. Add 1 or 2 tablespoons of the fruity EVOO & let it heat up. When hot, add the chopped onion & garlic & fry for about 5 minutes or until golden.
2. Now, make the ricotta & spinach mix. Take a larger bowl & ad ricotta, spinach, the fried onion & garlic mix. Add also a few grinds of black pepper. Mix well. Taste! It has to taste fab! I also added a bit of the Maldon sea salt flakes, but not too much because the ricotta is a bit salted too.
3. Then, take your mushrooms, without the stalks right in front of you. With the help of a little spoon , spoon a bit of the inside out so that you have larger insides to fill later.
4. Preheat the oven to 200° C/ 392 F for 10 minutes.
5. Now, spoon a bit of the green pesto all over the base of the cavities. Not too much though,…see picture!
6. Place a large heaped tablespoon of the green ricotta mix in the cavity of the mushrooms & fill it all up, in the hight too. Take 2 non stick baking trays & drizzle a bit of the fruity EVOO all over the base. Snug the filled mushrooms alongside each other in baking trays.
7. Now, add some grated fresh Parmesan cheese over the top of the mushrooms. Not too much, just a bit to cover the top because when they will bake, the grated cheese on top wilt melt & taste awesome!
8. When they are ready to go into the oven, pour a bit of the fruity EVOO all over the top of the mushrooms.
9. Place in the center of your oven & bake for about 20 to 25 minutes. After 20 minutes, check them if they are ready with a skewer pin. If not, add another 5 minutes or until done.
10. Take them out of the oven & serve with a big green mixed salad & fresh baguettes or whatever you want to eat it with!
You might like: