I love this easy yet so tasty fresh sheep’s ricotta
& strawberry sandwich. This morning, I went to the Sunday’s international multi – cultural market near the South station, ( Midi ) in Brussels. It was a long time ago, I went over there,…it was fun!
There were fresh strawberries at my Italian grocery store. I bought a whole crate for only 5 euros. MMM,…
Recipe: For 1 bagna
1 soft bagna, nearly all the way sliced open but not the way so that one end of the top still holds on the bottom
a bit of minarine
a few tablespoons of fresh sheep’s ricotta
2 large ripe strawberries, cleaned, hulled & cut into thicker slices
1. Take your open bagna & smear the 2 sides in with a bit of minarine.
2. Now, smear the 2 insides of the bagna in with a few tablespoons of fresh sheep’s ricotta. You can choose how much you like. I like to smear them not evenly but rough!
2. Arrange your sliced strawberry slices on top of the ricotta bottom of your bagna.
3. Lay the smeared ricotta top of the bagna on top of the strawberries & enjoy!
1. This is also lovely with the addition of grinds of fresh black pepper
2. This is also lovely with fresh rocket leaves & with a bit of good aged balsamic vinegar
MMM,… If you liked this post, SUBSCRIBE to Sophie’s Foodie Files: It is free! RSS – Posts
You might like: