A few evenings ago, I made this lovely beet risotto.
After cooking, when the risotto was done, I added ricotta & parmesan through the risotto, off the fire. That gives a rose bubblegum colour to the risotto & it doesn’t look nice but its taste is wonderful!!! So, give it a try!!!
Recipe: For 4 persons
400 gr small to medium-sized beets, cooked for 35 -40 minutes or more depending on their size, in boiling water, well-drained, peeled with gloves on, diced into chunks.
2 fat cloves of garlic, peeled & finely diced
3 tablespoons of a fruity EVOO
1 large onion, peeled & finely diced
1 liter gluten-free chicken or gluten-free vegetable stock/ I used chicken stock, kept warm
300 gr risotto rice / I used Arborio rice
100 ml white wine / I used Wine Chateau Genoels – Elderen, Chardonnay white 2006 ( that is a top Belgian wine!!!)
50 gr freshly grated Parmesan cheese
170 gr fresh sheep’s ricotta
1. Take a large cooking pot, add 3 tablespoons of the fruity EVOO. Heat up on medium heat.
2. Add the chopped onion & garlic cloves. Fry for about 4 to 5 minutes. Then, add the rice & stir around the pot for about 2 to 3 minutes. Add the cut up cooked & peeled beet chunks. Stir continually. Add the wine. Stir non stop. When the rice has absorbed the wine, gradually add the chicken or vegetable stock, bit by bit, until every time the rice has absorbed the stock. This will take about 20 to 25 minutes. When the rice is ready, taste if the rice is ok.
3. Now, off the fire, add the ricotta & the Parmesan. Stir well. Taste. It has to taste fab!
4. Serve at once & enjoy this lovely meal with your other loved one, with a good glass of the same wine at the table!
If you liked this post, SUBSCRIBE to Sophie’s Foodie Files: It is free! RSS – Posts
You might like:
2. Grilled salmon with a wasabi dressing, baked potato wedges, balsamic & fresh oregano marinated beetroots on a bed of watercress