I love-making these healthy superb muffins. They contain: Kéfir, wholemeal spelt flour, broken linseed, sesame seeds, blueberries, agave syrup, rolled oats, corn meal, canola oil, baking powder & 2 beaten eggs. That’s it! They really fill you up & they are super healthy!
Recipe: For 15 muffins
240 gr of organic wholemeal spelt flour
45 gr of full rolled oats
160 gr of organic corn meal
20 gr of sesame seeds
20 gr of broken linseed ( flax seeds )
1+ 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
225 gr of blueberries
240 ml of unsweetened, only 1,5% fat Kéfir,
120 ml of canola oil
180 ml of agave syrup
2 large free range eggs, beaten
1. Take an oven rack out of the oven. Preheat the oven on 180°C. (356 F)
2. In a large bowl, add the spelt flour, baking powder, oats, corn meal, sesame seeds & broken linseed. Stir everything round until well combined.
3. In another bowl, add the Kéfir, canola oil, agave syrup & the eggs. Whisk together.
4. Make a well in the center of the bowl with the dry ingredients & add the liquid mix. Whisk until blended. Stir in the blueberries.
5. Take non-stick muffins pans/ silicon muffin trays or line normal muffin trays with paper muffin cups. I use silicon muffin trays , so I don’t need to grease my muffin cups. I use flower muffin cups. Divide the batter in the muffin trays. Fill them only up for 3/4, because when they are baked, you have to turn them over to see the top . It will be a flower. Repeat with the rest of the mixture. Place them on a Silpat on the baking tray, so they stand evenly. Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes on 180°C, until they are golden brown, risen & cooked trough. Test with an oven skewer. When ready, take them out of the oven & place on a wire rack. Leave them for 2 to 5 minutes in their silicon molds. Then turn them out & flip them over so that you can see the flower head. Leave to cool completely on the wire rack.
Enjoy these in the morning as breakfast with a good cup of freshly brewed coffee or an excellent cup of tea.
If you liked this post, don’t miss any post by subscribing to Sophie’s Foodie Files: It is for free! RSS – Posts
You might like: