I made this smoothie a few days ago. I wanted to use my fresh sheep yoghurt & strawberries. So, I made this.
Recipe: For 2 large glasses
2 x 125 gr sheep yoghurt, unsweetened
about 400 gr fresh strawberries, cleaned, hulled & cut into slices
1/2 teaspoon of home-made vanilla extract or store-bought
a little swirl of Agave syrup, to sweeten
1. Place all the ingredients, except the agave syrup, into a blender & mix to combine until it is all smooth.
2. Taste if it is a bit sweet or if it is to your taste. Otherwise, add a little swirl of agave syrup, to sweeten the smoothie. Mix well with a spoon. Taste again.
3. Pour it in 2 beautiful glasses & enjoy!
You might like:
Now, for something completely different!
About 2 months ago, I received 2 awards from my new foodies friends!
I know that it is late for thanking my new friends, but it is better late than never,…
The 1st one is the honest scrap award that I got from my new foodie friend, Danielle.
Danielle, from Chicago, from the beautiful website: So many cookbooks…so little time!
Thanks again Danielle for thinking of me!
It is the honest scrap award. This means that you have to tell 10 things about yourself & give it to others so we can learn 10 things about other foodies you admire,….
So, 10 things about myself:
1. I am a real foodie. I have inherited my cooking & baking skills from my late grand mother. She was my father’s mother. I have her creative skills. She cooked & baked with me when I was a kid. Sadly, she died when I was 13 years old.
2. I am married for 2 years to my lovely husband, Peter. We are together for 13 years now & he is my soul mate! He stands by me & supports me in every way possible. Now, he is learning to cook from me & we stand in the kitchen side by side. He is loving it too!
3. I love cooking & baking on some good music. I can cook on different kinds of music. I adore Limp Bizkit & Linkin Park but also can enjoy Angie Stone, Joss Stone, Mary J. Blige, Red Hot Chili Peppers & excellent jazz, all types,….
4. My husband & I love to travel, going to museums, expositions, dining in fine restaurants,…
5. I have more then 100 cookbooks & I am addicted to excellent food magazines like: Delicious, Donna Hay magazines, Olive magazine, Elle eten, Waitrose magazine, Foodies,… I am inspired from anything & everyone in life,..
6. I love to cook & bake healthy but with a twist. I also try to cook seasonal. It is very important to me,…I mostly use organic vegetables & fruit but also the best vegetables & fruit from my father’s garden.
7. I adore cooking & baking: it stimulates me!
8. I have to say, I didn’t know that having a food blog could be so much fun! I have made such good friends with a lot of people from all over the world!
9. I am lactose intolerant in high doses of lactose. I always use lactose free butter, lactose free milk & lactose free cream. They all have the same taste as the product!!
I would like to pass this award to some other excellent foodies because I would like to know more of them. So, to Alexandra from Alexandra cooks,
Koko from Koko Kitchen,
Lisa, from Lisa is cooking,
Chrystal & Amir from The duo dishes,
Sylvia from La vida en Buenos Aires
Lorraine from Not quite Nigella
Lisa from Dandy Sugar
Carolyn from Eat a beet
Simone from Jungle frog cooking
Reeni from Cinnamon spice & everything nice
Gail from Life is a feast
So, ladies & gentlemen, I would like to know a lot about you too!
Then, a few months ago, I received the 2 nd award from my new foodie friend Sam from the beauty of a blog: My Carolina Kitchen
It is the sister award! What a beauty of an award this is!! Thanks again, Sam!
In keeping with the tradition of passing this award send, here are the rules. The Sisterhood Award is an award from bloggers to bloggers in recognition of a blog spot which shows attitude and/or gratitude.
1. Put the logo on your blog or post.
2. Nominate up to 10 blogs which show great attitude and/or gratitude
3. Be sure to link to your nominees within your post.
4. Let them know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog, or sending them an email.
5. Remember to link to the person from whom you received your award.
So, I would like to give this award to Zerrin in Turkey @ Give Recipe,
to a 28 year old girl who lives in Paris @French cooking for dummies ,
to Clemence in France @ les tentations culinaires
to Chrystal & Amir, who I admire from the USA ( I know that Amir is a guy but he deserves it !!) @ The Duo dishes
to Ricardo, UK, from Ricco coffee shop
to Y, from Australia, @ lemonpi
to Janet Ching from Switserland @ Gourmet traveller 88
to Julie from Calgary, Canada @ Dinner with Julie
to Claudia from Minnesota, USA @ journey of an Italian cook
to Sara from California, USA @ Sara’s kitchen
to Catherine from the USA @ The unconfidential cook
to Talita, from Brazil @ Chocorango
So, enjoy your awards my friends!!
If you liked this post, SUBSCRIBE to Sophie’s Foodie Files: It is free! RSS – Posts