This is an Asian inspired dish. I love all the ingredients joined together.
Recipe: For 2 persons, with a bit of seconds
2 white onions, peeled & finely diced
2 fat cloves of garlic, peeled & finely diced
2,5 cm of fresh ginger, peeled & finely grated
1,5 stalk of lemongrass, the rougher parts removed, only use the fine white parts, cut into fine slices
1 medium-sized green chili pepper, seeds removed & finely cut into little pieces
about 300 gr of chicken fillets, no skin, cleaned & cut into strips
2 teaspoons of sugar or a bit less
6 or 7 splashes of Gluten free Thai fish sauce ( Nam Pla ), this will be about 1 tablespoon
a handful of fresh coriander leaves, finely cut up
a handful of fresh mint leaves, finely cut up
Brown rice for 3 persons
1. First, cook the rice according to packet instructions. When ready, keep warm.
2. Take a wok & smear it in with olive oil. Heat up on medium heat. When hot, add the diced up onions & the diced up garlic. Stir often. Now add the grated ginger, the diced up green chili pepper & the lemongrass rings. Stir often because you wok! Wok for about 3 to 7 minutes. You do not want the ingredients to stick to the wok otherwise they become bitter.
3. Now, turn the heat on high. When really hot, add the chicken strips. Scatter the sugar evenly on top. Wok for about 5 minutes until the chicken is tender & cooked trough.
4. Now, add the fish sauce. Taste. If necessary, add a splash or 2 more. Stir well. Let it cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
5. When ready, add the chopped mint & add the chopped coriander. Stir everything round. Heat for another minute & turn the heat off.
6. Take your 2 plates & place some rice in the middle & spoon the chicken & sauce on top!
Before you eat, stir everything round in your plate so that the chicken strips can absorb the flavour! The chicken will be tender on the inside & wonderful perfumed on the outside! MMMMMM……Enjoy!
If you liked this post, SUBSCRIBE to Sophie’s Foodie Files: It is free! RSS – Posts
You might like: