I love cooking with lamb. I also like mustard with mustard seeds in it & garlic of course!
Recipe: For 2 persons
3 fat cloves of garlic, peeled & finely chopped
4 tablespoons of grain mustard
2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice
4 tablespoons of olive oil
Maldon sea salt
potatoes for 2 persons, as much as you like, peeled & cut into 4
300 gr fresh spinach
8 lamb cutlets with a bit of fat & boned in, pad dry with kitchen paper
1. Take a large zip log bag & place the olive oil, mustard, garlic, 2 pinches of sea salt & 3 grinds of black pepper, lemon juice & the lamb cutlets together in the bag. Massage the meat. Put the bag in another bowl, in case of leakage.
2. Marinate it in the fridge for at least 1 hour. I always marinate it for 2 hours. Regularly massage the meat with your hands.
3. When the 2 hours are finished, take the meat out of the fridge.
4. Take a cooking pot & fill with hot water. Put the lid on. Heat up on high. When boiling, add the cut up potatoes & boil until tender. turn the heat off. Keep warm.
5. At the same time, take a large cooking pot for the spinach. Heat up on medium. Add a bit of hot water, to create a bit of steam. Put the lid on. When hot, add the spinach & put the lid back on. The spinach has to be cooked until well wilted. This takes about 10 minutes. Add some Maldon sea salt & black pepper according to taste. Drain the leftover water. Keep warm.
6. At the same time, take your griddle pan & heat up on high. Take the meat out of the marinade. Keep the marinade.
7. When the pan is hot, place the cutlets on the hot griddle pan. Grill them for about 5 minutes on 1 side & brush them with the marinade before turning them over. Also grill them for 5 minutes. The cutlets have to be rosé in the inside.
8. Take your 2 plates & divide it among those 2 plates.
This is lovely with a glas of red wine: Jacob’s Creek Grenache shiraz 2006.
If you liked this post, SUBSCRIBE to Sophie’s Foodie Files: It is free! RSS – Posts
You might like:
1. Ginger & lemongrass marinated lamb cutlets with verjuice oven roasted vegetables & served with boiled potatoes