This is the most lovely pumpkin soup.
Recipe: For 8 persons
650 gr. fresh pumpkin, peeled & cut into little chunks
1 large onion, peeled & finely diced
2 large orange sweet peppers, washed, dried with kitchen paper, seeds & white parts removed, cut up into slices
1 litre gluten-free vegetable stock
2 teaspoons of mild curry powder
gluten-free & dairy-free soy baking margarine
1. Heat a large cooking pot or a fast cooking pot to high. Pour a swirl of baking margarine or olive oil in it. Heat up.
2. When the oil is hot, add the diced onion. Stir. Let it sweat, let it soften.
3. After a few minutes, add the 2 teaspoons of Mild curry powder. Stir. Then add the cut up sweet pepper strips. Stir well. Let it soften for about 5 til 10 minutes. Stir from time to time.
4. Add the pumpkin flesh.
5. Now, add the vegetable stock. Stir. Put the lid on from the fast cooking pot or put a lid on & cook for about 15 – 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
In the fast cooking pot, it will take for about 10 minutes.
6. When the soup is ready, mix the soup.
7. Enjoy it with a swirl of cream or with some croutons. If you liked this post, SUBSCRIBE to Sophie’s Foodie Files: It is free! RSS – Posts
You might like: