I love everything with cranberries. In Belgium, we use only cranberries in cranberry sauce at Christmas. We don’t use them like in America! That’s a pity! They are so delicious!
These muffins are moist & a little bit tart, but these are muffins & no cakes! This is lovely, cut open & smeared with butter.
For 14 muffins
300 gr. self – raising flour
85 gr. dark brown sugar ( cannonade sugar )
50 gr. pecans, broken in to pieces
1 medium egg
3 teaspoons fresh orange juice
grated rind from 1/2 orange
280 ml. semi – skimmed milk
65 gr. melted butter
150 gr. fresh or frozen cranberries ( i used frozen cranberries, do not thaw them!! )
1. Preheat the oven to 220 ° Celsius.
2. Sieve the flour in to a large bowl. I put it in the bowl of my Kenwood. I use the k – paddle.
3. Add the sugar, pecans & grated orange peel to the flour.
4. In another bowl, whisk the egg & orange juice with the melted butter.
5. Add the dry ingredients with the liquid ingredients. mix well with the K-paddle or with a wooden spoon. Watch out! Don’t overmix!
6. Add the cranberries & fold them in to the mixture.
7. Put the paper muffin cases in to the muffin.
8. Put the mix with help of a spoon in the muffin cases.
9. Fill for 2/3!
10. Bake in the oven until golden on top & until they feel firm! This will be about 20 minutes.
11. When done, take them out of the oven & place them in their paper cases on a wire rack to cool .
12. You have to wait until the muffins are totally cool before eating them because otherwise they tend to stick on to the paper cases.
13. When they are cool, take the paper cases carefully of & cut the muffin open. Smear with butter of something else & enjoy with a cup of coffee!
14. Store them in a cookie box.
If you liked this post, SUBSCRIBE to Sophie’s Foodie Files: It is free! RSS – Posts
You might like: